Friday, April 8, 2011

FINALLY...

This post will hopefully be short and sweet. Owen, my sweet little boy, is getting off the diet....finally. Did we have a doctor's appointment you didn't know about? Nope. Gavin and I have had it. We're sick of this doctor putting us off for months. Owen has been either puking his food up, letting it slide out of the sides of his mouth, or not even finishing it for months now. Mealtime is a traumatic, stressful, frustrating time for everyone...and for what?! It's not even decreasing his seizures. I called the doctor first thing Monday morning. I told them--not asked them--that he was getting off  the diet. I feel like such a rebel. On a not-so-positive note, however, it's going to take around 2-3 months to completely take him off the diet and get him onto "real foods." The end is in sight and we couldn't be happier! I just know this is the best thing for Owen and he will be so much happier with his strawberry milk, oatmeal, and bananas.....we absolutely can't wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment